Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MTC Week 1


Elder Fotu & his first companion Elder Idom :)

Hey everyone! How was everyone's weekend? Hope it was great. Let me tell you about my first week in the MTC.  Only one word can truly describe my experience here so far: PHENOMENAL! It's been so great here! I've learned so much and it's made me so excited to preach to the people in Seattle! My companion and district elders are awesome!! I've been so blessed to have a positive, fun-going, and downright hilarious district. We all get along so well and are already really close. It's helped so much with the transition of leaving behind our family. We've kind of became our own kind of family. My companion's name is Elder Idom. He's from Tooele, UT and has already been such a great companion. He's very hard working and super dilegent. He's helped me to work on my diligence because it's something that I'm lacking. I'm getting better at it though. People weren't kidding when they said that you're on a spiritual high when you're in the MTC. We had a fireside on Sunday that was so amazing! A district president named President Wilkins spoke and the spirit was so strong. We have a devotional tonight where a general authority comes to speak. Everyone's been saying that it's the Prophet coming this week, but apparently they've said that every week. Our classroom instruction has been so helpful and so meaningful in helping me prepare to serve the people. I know that I'm supposed to be here and I know this gospel is true. The Holy Ghost has witnessed that to me since I've been here. I'm so happy to be a missionary and to be apart of this church! And I want others to feel that happiness as well. The church is true. I love you all. Always remember Him.
Your missionary,
Elder Fotu
p.s. Don't be afraid to write me! I like writing letters so I WILL write you back!
Elder Garrett Blackstone Fotu
MTC Mailbox # 124
WA-SEA 1004
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment